Saturday, September 30, 2006

1000 Miler Preparations


Two weeks out from the Rusty Nut's 1000 miler and more preparations have been made in the purchase of sheepskin seat cover - gotta do what you can to look after the bum on long rides!

This was custom made at Sheepskin Sales, Otaki approximately 80km south of Palmerston North. This is the second seat cover that I've got from here and was made while I waited.

Was a bit worried about the weather before I left as it's been pretty crap lately. Turned out ok - only a few wet roads near Otaki.

Coming back, a guy on a new Suzuki M109 sat behind me for a while and we played in the traffic until I turned off to go over the Opiki Road back into Palmy. Had a bit of scare when a cop went past the other way but he kept going. Also saw a guy from my mate's work heading the other way on his Rocket III.

Got back to a nice day in Palmy so grabbed the dog and the mountain bike and headed down to the river. All was going well until when I was on the way back to the car the bolt holding my seat on sheared off! I guess that bolt had finally had enough (after about 14 years) of taking the abuse my body was giving it. The last 2ks back to the car were definetly the slowest!

No comments:

Post a Comment