I've had a play with the map & worked out some rough distances so as to plan fuel stops etc. Have assumed everyone can manage 200kms on a tank.
- Awake early to a nice sunny day!
- Palmy crew meet at BP Rangatiki @ 07:50 for 08:00 start.
- Quick stop other side of Wanganui to pick up Hornet250Boy. No time for pies or coffee - you've only been on the bike an hour...
- Arrive Stratford somewhere around 10:30 (maybe a tad earlier).
- Gas & coffee, plus meet up with any naki & Waikato riders
- Hit the highway
- Lunch in Whanga
- Head on to Tamarunui then Turangi for gas.
- Quick stop at Flat Hills or Mangaweka for a coffee.
- Vinegar Hill & home.
- Have fun but take it easy - don't want any mishaps!
- Careful on the gravel - no roosting!
- If you want to stop for photos anywhere on the Forgotten Highway go for it - you won't be the only one.
That's enough of that waffle, see you there!
Sign up to join us here.
Discuss the ride here.