Well it's the 30th of December and with no riding planned for today and work tomorrow that means the year is pretty much over in terms of bike riding. So, I thought it might be a good idea to wrap up the year with a summary of the year's high lights, disappointments and my biking plans for 2008. So here goes:
- 2007 Rusty Nuts Southern Cross - the Southern Cross is always great fun.
- Buying the Concours - sad to say goodbye the the Bandit but always great to get a new toy.
- 2007 Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge. The worst weather on record only made the sense of achievement greater.
- Meeting some of the local Kiwi Bikers and enjoying some great rides with them.
- Twanger in the van backing into the Bandit.
- Concours falling over on the Coast to Coast.
- Far too many RIP/Biker down threads on Kiwi Biker.
- Not being able to afford more bikes/riding...
Plans for 2008
- Chateau to Plateau - Jan
- Mini's Return - March
- Grand Challenge - October
- As much riding as I can squeeze in...
Well that's about it I think, so Happy New Year to all who read this and if you're riding in 2008, have fun but be careful!