Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Twins

Christmas has come early this year with Brian treating himself to a Concours - and why shouldn't he? He picked it up yesterday so naturally it needed a bit of a run today.

The old man had rung last night to see if I'd be keen to meet hi somewhere so I kept my mouth shut about Brian's new bike and got the ride sorted out. Ma & Pa decided to ride over the Napier-Taihape and meet me in Taihape for lunch so that sounded like a nice quiet ride for Brian & Linda to get used to their new horse.

We left Palmy at about quarter to ten and had an easy ride over through Fielding and Halcombe and on up Highway 1. Arriving in Taihape I gassed my bike and we parked up at the cafe in the photo to wait for the olds.

About 20 minutes later they showed up and were surprised to see the twins parked up outside the cafe. After lunch we headed back towards Palmy and I gave Ma a ride on the back of the Concours before handing it over to the old man.

He managed to sit quietly behind me until we got onto Vinegar hill and then he was off to sample the 14's grunt & handling. He pulled over briefly at Rewa but I kept on going knowing he was going to have some fun coming up the hill. I must say I had a bit of fun trying to get my head around his tractor, (oops, I mean beamer) but still had some fun climbing the hill.

Brian & I both pulled in at the lookout but this time it was Dad who blew by and I was starting to wonder if I'd ever see my bike again...

We all stopped at Cheltenham and I was finally reunited with my bike. Here we all split up with Ma & Pa heading for Ashhurst & home and the two 14's heading back to Palmy & home.

No comments:

Post a Comment