Monday, October 27, 2008

Wired for sound

I forgot to mention in my Friday night ride blog that I can now ride and listen to my ipod at the same time. I found some in-ear earphones lying around the place and decided to give them a go.

The good thing about them is that they do block the wind noise and therefore the ipod does not have to be on very loud. They are also pretty comfortable if in properly - not sure about on a 1,000km day but maybe I'll give that a shot too.

The only issue is getting them in properly and having them stay there. If they're in properly they tend to stay in but if not they can work their way loose - as the left one seemed to do. The only other thing is that you cannot hear a thing anyone says to you - unlike when wearing ear plugs. I'm also not sure what's better for your hearing: music on quietly or ear plugs???

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:13 pm

    I find the balaclava helps to keep the plugs in place when putting the lid on. It keeps the lid clean too!
    KoroJ

    ReplyDelete