Sunday, April 19, 2009

Winter is on it's way

Yeah right! Yesterday was an absolute stunner - a perfect sunny and still autumn's day, just made for motorcycling. And with the VTR back in action there was no excuse not to get out and enjoy the day.

Sarge had posted that he was heading over to Palmy for a coffee so I decided to head off and try and meet him somewhere on the road. We ended up passing each other just North of Woodville so I stopped and chased after him. Fortunately he had recognised me and stopped in Woodville to let me catch up. After a brief catch-up we headed into Palmy and had that coffee while we decided where to from here.

Sarge was keen to hit Vinegar Hill so we headed over to Fielding, had a quick stop for gas and then took some back roads to Waituna West before finally hitting Vinegar Hill. We took it pretty quietly especially when heading into the low sun and ended up returning via the main road and then Halcombe & Fielding. A very nice ride in perfect conditions.

If we could have only one season then I think that autumn would definitely be my pick - magnificent. If only the days were a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment