Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Night Ride

The Connie and I managed to get along to the Friday night ride tonight for a wee pootle on some back roads to Feilding.

When I rolled up to Courtesy Suzuki there was already probably 20 bikes there and more kept coming in right up until the time we left.  I caught up with a few of the gang and then somehow managed to get lumbered with lead rider duties.  After a quick discussion on where we were going (I thought I had the route sorted) we all mounted up and made our way over towards Fielding.

I had the GoPro on but seeing as there was nobody in front of me I decided to set it to take pictures.  It then decided that it would take about 20 and then stop...


We managed to get a bit spread out on the way over due to traffic and I guess just the number of bikes so in a couple of places I slowed right up or stopped to make sure we hadn't lost anyone.  Once in Fielding we took Makino Road out past Stanway, back into Halcombe (I took the wrong road robbing us of a few kms of nice twisty roads) and finally back into Fielding for a drink and a chat.

A nice wee ride of about 70km.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer the GoPro crapped out but it sounds like a nice ride with good weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a nice wee ride. Damn GoPro - I think it's the wi-fi remote giving me the problems...

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun ride. I always find it is difficult to keep everybody together when there are more than 5 in the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group riding always adds a little bit more excitement...

      Delete