The wheel removal was a piece of cake although I did have to unbolt the mudguard so that I had enough clearance to remove the wheel. The front axle was also fairly tight - but then that's a good thing I 'spose.
The Heiny has about 10,800kms on it so has lasted very well (much better than the rear did) and I have even kept it in case I should need it at some stage.
The new Mitas was spooned on by the local bike shop and looks suitably chunky - I sense a gravel ride coming up very shortly...
Replacing the front wheel was the just as easy as getting it off although I did remove one brake caliper to make things a little easier.
Gravel here we come!