Over the last couple of weeks I trolled the Concours forum, watched a few YouTube videos and consulted with Dad about the job. Tyres were then ordered and I picked up a couple of batteries and some other bits in pieces.
|Mmmmmm, fresh rubber...|
With help soon on hand we got the front tyre off and pulled the sensor off the rim. Dad then popped it open and we started working out how to fit the new battery.
The original battery has tabs fitted to it and these are soldered to the circuit board. We spent quite a bit of time fiddling around with a few options while doing the front one but eventually had the battery in and tested. The next job was to fit the new rubber and test the sensor.
I rode up the rode a few hundred metres (no muffler, front guard and only 12psi in the rear tyre - gulp) and the sensor roared into life. The rear sensor was reporting a low battery...
Next up was to remove the rear wheel and repeat the job on it's sensor. I'd never removed the rear wheel before but now after the job I reckon that it's an easier job than the front.
|No mucky chain to get in the way|
|Rear sensor in position|
The new rear was soon on the bike and I was off to test the sensor again, the neighbours surely enjoying the sound of the Connie sans muffler and the crackling and popping when I buttoned off the gas. And yep, we had two working sensors!
The main part of the job done, Dad departed and I carried on bolting back on the rest of the bits and pieces. Now all I have to do is get a WOF and I'm all set for next weekend's Black Top ride.
|Spot the difference|