Thursday, September 29, 2016

Ten Years!


And 1,189 Posts!  Who'd a thunk?

Back '06 I didn't even know what a blog really was and didn't have much of an idea on what I was going to do with this thing: the inaugural post.

Since then over the 1,100 odd posts I've kinda got the type of content I like to write about sorted and have been boring a small number of readers quite successfully...What has been great is the interaction with some of these innumerable dedicated Banditrider followers - it's fantastic to get the odd comment and it's also meant that I've discovered a lot of other great blogs to read (see list on Blog) and even learned a few things...

So, over the last ten years I've got even more involved in riding: competing in more endurance events, organising group rides, learning some basic maintenance and farkle installation, discovering gravel and adventure riding.  I love it all and after a bit of a head scratch and a consultation of some old spreadsheets have put about bang on 200,000km on two wheels since that first blog across the below beauties:






Not pictured is my '02 Bandit which was in turn replaced with the '06 one and between them they gave me the name for the blog.  With both Bandits now gone and the Connie now having done over twice as many miles as their combined mileage the name perhaps doesn't fit.  I have toyed with the idea of changing the name of the Blog but have no idea what's involved there or what it will do to any old links - not to mention whether it will mean the loss of all my dedicated followers...

What I do know is that I've enjoyed sharing my ramblings and I'm looking forward to having a lot more fun on two wheels and raving about it to whoever will listen read.


What next?  Watch this space...

11 comments:

  1. Excellent effort champ now keep on boring me......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Andrew, keep milking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Ten Years of blogging....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom, you must be at about that mark by now eh?

      Delete
    2. Well, not to rub it in or anything...went over ten year on August 13, coming up on 1708 posts. ;D

      I didn't do a ten year mark post apparently, weird. But I did do a video compilation of pictures: Last Ten Years

      Delete
    3. to add to previous reply, I did do a Ten Year posting, it was mixed in with a Memorial Day posting.

      Memorial Day and the Last Ten Years

      Delete
    4. Dang, must have missed it first time around!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 10 years! You give us all riding goals to aspire too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goals? Oh, oh. Do as I say not as I do....

      ;)

      Delete