Friday, January 07, 2022

Shed time

Ok, so there is a ride write-up in the works but first something a little more simple.

Today it was time to give a couple of Yamaha's a little love.

First, the mighty WR was given a quick bath in preparation for going into town to get a WOF.  Of course, she passed the warrant with flying colours although they keep telling me it needs a reflector for some reason...


Art shot...

Next was a bigger job.  The Shinko on the back of the Tenere needed swapping for a fresh one.  The first one lasted 5,349km - the second one should just about be toast after the TT2000 me thinks (ergo I might get 2 months out of it).  So it didn't last that long (and to be fair was pretty knackered around 7-800km ago) but they are cheap...

I'll be going back to an E-07 next time (ordered from my friendly tyre supplier already) but will definitely consider the Shinko again - especially for winter riding where they are probably better on wet seal than an E-07.  They're just not great on summer gravel (especially when poked).



The tyre change went really well with a lot less cursing and no blood.  The bead even went on perfectly.  Nice, maybe I'm getting a wee bit better at it...

It's great having heaps of room in the shed to do the work too...



After that, it was time for morning smoko and then, rather than changing two more tyres that need changing, I gave the Tenere it's bath.  This took a bit longer than the WR (I think it was even dirtier than the WR even though the WR had just been up Takapari Road) and I even took the screen off to give the dragon a scrub behind the ears too 😉

Dirty girl...





Good to get those little jobs done, and even better, it wasn't 30 plus degrees to do it in...

5 comments:

  1. The Tenere looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kofla, I think so too 😊 She cleans up pretty well after 82,000kms. I do like getting it dirty though...

      Delete
  2. Do you balance the tyres yourself Andrew? I’d probably do my own changes for practice too but I like to have them balanced and I’m not sure I could do that effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance? I balance the bike all by myself, doesn't normally fall over...

      Delete
    2. Hahaha. I once changed the tyre on my ZX-9R and never balanced it. The tyre wore out early as one side of the tread was bald and the other side had tread left. Never ever seen that before or since. Something to this balancing thing me thinks.

      Delete