Saturday, December 15, 2007

CDMTC Toy Run

Another hot & sunny day in Palmy and another Toy Run to attend - this time the Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club's one.

A quick count of my badges seems to point to this being my sixth one and the route is usually very similar - the ride starts in Feilding and takes in some back roads through Halcombe & Feilding before ending up back in Palmy for a sausage sizzle at the Awapuni Hotel.

After a bit of a foul up in meeting times & places with Brian (my fault), I ended up heading over to Feilding by myself and parked up to wait for him to arrive and badges to go on sale etc. While waiting I caught up with a couple of Kiwi Bikers and generally stood around getting hot.

Brian eventually turned up and we got our badges before the ride finally got under way. The ride itself is just a gentle cruise and basically took in the route mentioned above.

Once back in Palmy toys were donated, sausages scoffed and yarns started. Neither of us hung around long having things to do but it was a reasonable way to spend a couple of hours of a hot Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment