Sunday, August 29, 2010

Topbox issues

As mentioned in my last ride report my Givi V46 topbox has ceased to latch to it's mounting
plate - a bit of a problem. After an email to Givi I've discovered that you can get replacement parts and from the parts diagram they sent me I saw that it was pretty easy to pull the latch (I was imagining me diving in and all these little springs firing out all over the place to be lost and...)

So, this morning I torn into it and pulled the latch. As you can see from the picture there is a lot of wear on the latch and there's simply not enough latch left to bite down on the plate.

As a bit of a "Heath Robinson" fix I tried to pack out the return springs but they have their own molded sockets within the topbox so it was going to be pretty fiddly to try to get anything in there to do the job.

So, it looks like I'm going to need to order some bits - I really hope the importer has stocks as I have experienced some big delays in getting stuff from them before - fingers crossed...

More pics here.
Givi parts diagram here.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.... you won't that flying open on the GC. Are you likely to get better service from an overseas supplier?

    Good luck, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Geoff, it's worse than flying open - it's flying off (don't follow me).

    Will definitely consider overseas suppliers if I have issues here. I'll be on the phone tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete