So, what do I reckon? Well, it's pretty damn good. Using it carefully it's allowed me to make far more use of the battery - I shot nearly 10 gigs of non-HD video on one battery without it going completely flat. No more leaving the camera on and hitting the record button when you want to film or take a picture. It does make the procedure a bit more complicated but is well worth it:
- Turn the wireless back-pack on. I can see it's on by checking the little LCD screen on it's back.
- Turn the remote on. This then links with the back-pack and we're ready to go.
- Select the shooting mode. Ok, so this is a bit tricky - you need to know what each little (as in very little) icon on the remote's screen means.
- Press record. Away laughing.
To stop recording and turn off the camera:
- Press the record button again to stop the recording.
- Hold down the on/off button. It does the normal GoPro flash, flash, flash and then switches off.
- Switch the back-pack off. Now everything is off and none of the batteries are discharging.
Pretty simple and it just works. Far easier than pressing the buttons on the camera and wondering if it's actually on or recording.
Now to just work out what all those icons on the remote mean so that I can select continuous photo shooting (one of my favourite modes) instead of burst mode - spot the differences...