Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I finally caved...

All that pressure from the Long Distance and Adventure riders finally overcame my prejudices, misgivings and sense of taste - I bought a BMW...

Panniers by Touratech...

May need an aftermarket seat for the LD stuff...

Yes, it is weird BMW face ugly...
So hopefully this one will prove to be economical and reliable...

Actually it was a pretty neat way to kill 4 hours or so on a crappy day and I just wish they made a Tenere or Connie...

And now for a brief puppy update...someone is doing a great job of converting her tucker into more dog and is also making a reasonable attempt at learning the rules of the house.  Still no sidecar on the horizon though...

Taken a split second before the paparazzi came under attack...

Yes, that is nose smudge on the camera lens...

10 comments:

  1. I bet you could put a sidecar on that BMW…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, someone with better skills than me could...if it didn't come in the box then I doubt I could work it out...

      Delete
  2. Hahaha - love it! Do they do a KTM? I made some Tamiya models years ago - a real exercise in mot losing my temper!!

    Your pup is gorgeous! I presume you're getting plenty of after-work exercise now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The KTM ones are even more expensive and unreliable...

      Damn, you must be the 2nd one who reckons she's gorgeous - the other day a woman ran past us and yelled out "gorgeous", I just assumed...

      Delete
  3. And by smudge on the camera lens did you mean nose print? She is a cute puppy.

    Nice little BMW. Do they have farkle kits for it? BMW stands for Buy More Widgets doesn't ti? Or was that Bring My Wallet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, smudge/nose print.

      I'd say that the farkle market for the BMW would be unlimited thanks to a new player in the field - Lego...

      Delete
  4. A little pupkiss on the lens, always good for a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, at arm's length w/o my glasses it looks just like the ones I ride with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have put it together properly then...

      Delete