Thursday, October 01, 2020

Folker

 Great to hear this podcast.  

Folker is a great old chap that has done a lot of long distance riding on one or the other of his Beemers.  Mark and I used to catch up with him on Southern Cross Rallys and Grand Challenges (he was doing them well into his 70's) and I'm sure that Geoff knows him too.

He knows how to pedal his bikes (and definitely how to keep them running) fairly well and has been known to get along at times.  I won't share any incriminating stories but he did pass me on the outside on the Tahora Saddle (Forgotten Highway) one day.  I was probably on the Connie...

I happy to be an FB friend of his too and he definitely is still out there cruising hooning around the place.

Anyway, here's the podcast and I really hope I'm able to be doing what he's still doing at his age!


2 comments:

  1. I think I've spoken to him once a long time ago Andrew but that's about it. Didn't know anything about his background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic that he is still out there riding and having fun!

      Delete