Well, while it does get used in the car (primarily as a bluetooth speaker/mic for my phone), but I still have 3 motorcycle mounts. And it just so happens that I have 3 bikes, one of which has no GPS - oh no!
So yep, the 550 has found its way onto the little WR.
After rummaging around in my boxes of bits and pieces I found a ram mount fitted with a u-bolt for attaching to round things. I didn't want the GPS too in my face so rather than mount it quite close on the handlebars or cross-bar I'm trying it mounted to the bark busters. This puts it just a little bit further forward - time will tell if it's a good spot or not.
As you can imagine, it's not that hard to fit things to the WR. To access everything it went something like this:
- 2 bolts to remove the seat
- 1 bolt to remove LHS sidecover
- 1 bolt to loosen radiator shroud so that wiring could be tucked away
- 2 washers to stop battery connection bolts pulling through round connectors on the Zumo harness.
- A few cable ties and some insulation tape to tidy things up.
And yes, it even works - I didn't blow anything up...
As its hot all the time, I'll need to remember to remove the GPS after every use - pretty sure my watch has a bigger battery than the WR...
Now to go and try and not get lost...