Monday, January 11, 2021

That new rubber smell...

So after a whopping 6,500kms (1,000 more than the last one), the rear E-07+ on the Tenere was looking fairly second hand.  Time to organise some new ones then...



Recently the rumour mill had been suggested that E-07 Dakars were going to become available but now I'm not so sure but perhaps what the rumour mill should have been saying is that there is now a Dakar version of the E-07+ because that's what I've ended up for the rear anyway.  Or, the tyre importer stuffed up?  Anyway, my tyre guy Glen managed to get me the Dakar rear and a standard E-07 front.  Hopefully, we'll be able to sort things out properly for the next order.

Oh yeah, so what about the front?  Well, it had a E-07 Dakar on it and it only had 16,800km on it.  I got 19,500 out of the previous one and this one probably would still have got a WOF but I'm guessing I'll be doing around 4,000km on the TT trip so best to give it the heave...



Anyway, Saturday was tyre-wrestling day and yeah, it was a wrestle.  I think I might even consider paying someone to do it next time - these Adv tyres are not a lot of fun to put on, I'll stick to being the guy to wear them out...

But we are good to go!




Oh yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Aditya Iyer4:30 pm

    Hi Andrew, im looking to get the same tires, would you have wanted to go for the E07+ for the front as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried one yet. According to the website the Plus's are supposed to be 60/40 tyres whereas the original E-07's are 50/50. I thought it was the other way around looking at the rear - go figure...

      Dakar versions are tougher and should last longer but that might not be as much of an issue on your Wee - but I'd recommend them for when you upgrade to an S10.

      Delete