Sunday, March 19, 2023

Intermission

 Taking a break from our South Island travels...

After some rain on Friday and early Saturday, the weekend finally sorted itself and Sunday was pretty damn nice, so a little pootle was in order.

It was time to see if I could still ride the T7.  And when I initially hit the gravel, I was fairly hopeless so opted for a sedate pace so I could learn how to ride on narrow North Island gravel instead of the South Island gravel super highways...

Bu Pohangina I still wasn't really in the groove but carried on up to the Totara Reserve turn-off.  The road through is now closed, you'll never guess why...




After measuring the run-up, I decided against it and backtracked to the previous bridge for more pics of the recent storm damage.




That's actually a pretty huge slip above what is a little river. 

I was a little more in the zone on the way back and did enjoy the faster gravel of Pohangina Road before the quiet ride back home on the seal.  Just a small ride and not much of a tale to tell but at least I got out for a little while 😊

1 comment: