Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Intermission

 While the new Trumpy was getting its first service I had a few hours to kill.  And the bike shop gave me just thing to go for a short pootle.

The tiniest 1200 twin I've ever ridden.  And what a little cracker!

It was easy for short me to be flat footed and the bike was not very long so felt like it wanted to turn in pretty quickly but was actually nice and stable.  The motor was absolutely lovely too - plenty of torque everywhere and I dunno if the pipes are standard but man she sure sounded good!


My pootle took me around the bays to Days Bay where I had an eggs benny, made a couple of calls and generally fended off people drooling all over the bike.



I then carried on a bit further to the end of the road (where I discovered where potholes go to breed) before turning around and getting some more pics of the bike just past the Wahine memorial.




Then it was back to the shop where I had to give it back ☹️

Lovely little bike which was great fun to ride quietly (except for the music it made) around the bays.  I really needed an open-faced helmet and an old leather jacket...

Come on lotto...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 pm

    You guys have to rock some big, ugly number plates over there!🫤
    But a better loaner than the old VStrom650 they gave me while the Desert X was getting it’s first service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tail tidy would make it work a lot better

      Delete