Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Riding the Badlands: A Gravelly Good Time in Whanganui

Ok, so I seem to continue to be very slack in keeping up with my blogs. Yes, we've been riding and playing in Colin's buggies, so getting in plenty of fun. So, to rectify the issue, I've enlisted the help of a friend...

The below blog was completely created by an AI (it even inserted the links - but could not pull photos from the Google Album). I simply provided the prompt and this was the AI's first iteration. If anyone is interested I can post my prompt...

Oh, and it also came up with the title.


Hey there, fellow adventurers! If you're looking for a scenic ride with a side of humor, you're in the right place. Our group of five intrepid motorcyclists, each with their trusty steed, set out to conquer the "Badlands" of Whanganui, New Zealand. And by "conquer," I mean we rode some really nice gravel roads and enjoyed the heck out of it.

The Route

Our journey took us on a winding path through the Whanganui National Park, courtesy of Google Maps. The route was carefully curated to maximize gravelly goodness and scenic splendor. We're talking rolling hills, lush forests, and picturesque farmland – the whole shebang.

The Ride

With five bikes and their riders, we formed a merry band of gravel enthusiasts. The roads were a joy to ride, with a perfect balance of twisties and straights. We cruised along, taking in the sights and sounds of the Whanganui wilderness. The gravel was well-maintained, making for a smooth and enjoyable ride. We even spotted some curious cows and a few lazy sheep along the way.

The Scenery

Oh, the scenery! It's like Mother Nature decided to put on a show just for us. We rode past sparkling streams, through tunnels of native bush, and alongside rugged rocky outcrops. The Whanganui region is truly a hidden gem, and we felt lucky to experience it on two wheels.

The Photos

Check out our photo album (Google Photos) for a visual feast of our adventure. You'll see happy faces, beautiful bikes, and stunning landscapes. We even snapped a few photos with the locals (the cows, of course!).

The Verdict

If you're a fan of easy, scenic gravel rides, the Whanganui Badlands are a must-visit. With its stunning natural beauty, well-maintained roads, and laid-back atmosphere, this region is a motorcyclist's paradise. So grab your bike, your sense of humor, and your favorite riding buddies – and get ready for a gravelly good time in the Badlands!

Cheers to the open road and the joy of the ride!


Oh, and the post wouldn't be any good without some AI images...click the link in the blog body to see a few of the actual photos from the ride.






6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 pm

    That purple text is bloody hard to read Andrew. How did the AI go with the accuracy of your content? Was it as you intended or was it just verbose bullshit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple must be hard to read - 'cos it's blue. I gave it a very simple prompt with not much detail and just let it go. It made up things like the cows & sheep. I only did the one prompt, no refining after the first attempt.

      Delete
    2. LOL. It changed colour crossing the ditch!
      Interesting with the Chat GPT writing. πŸ€” I'll check it out one day.... when I take my tin foil hat off. πŸ˜†

      Delete
    3. P.S. I was reading it on my desktop. Looking at the post again on my phone it is clearly blue...

      Delete
  2. Yeah I tried the AI thing. You could tell it wasn't me and someone much smarter was writing the post. So I ditched it and put my usual bollox post up to clog the internet a little more.

    ReplyDelete