Sunday, May 28, 2017

Battery charging

It seems like forever since the Connie had any decent sort of exercise and today I thought that it was time to take her for a small skid to top up the old battery.  My battery also needed a bit of charging too...

I left home just before 11 and though it was a bit of a grey old day, it was not cold and the rain looked like it was going to stay away - just a few damp roads on my way across to Colyton and on up to Cheltenham.

Carrying on to Kimbolton there was the odd spit but nothing serious with the PR4's not having any difficulty coping with the damp spots and the odd bit of metal on the road.

A little Connie waits...

Might stay away from those invisible hills...


Pretty girl
With not a lot of fuel on board I decided to turn-off at Pemberton and cross over to SH1 at Ohingaiti to make for food and fuel at Hunterville.  Mangamako Road was damp in places and I even had to negotiate mud on a few corners where slips had not quite been cleaned up properly - no warning signs out either...


Everyone knows chicks dig Kawasaki's

Do-er-upper?


In Hunterville I had a fairly quick stop for grub and fuel before doubling back a little to take on Vinegar Hill.  I haven't done the sums yet but I'm guessing that my economy may have suffered over the Hill, but the bike seemed to enjoy it as much as I did - nice to be out of the house and out on the silver horse.

8 comments:

  1. Topping off the battery, good enough excuse for a ride eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, no battery tender in my shed...

      Delete
  2. Nice country run Andrew! No signage for slip residue is noticeable up our way too now that the big stuff has been cleared up.

    Chicks might prefer Kawasakis (nice one!) but cows aren't interested. They clearly prefer that udder brand, Suzuki ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one sign might have been nice...

      Good thing I wasn't on my chook chaser, there might have been feathers everywhere!

      Delete
  3. Do-er-upper? or burn er downer?
    i'd choose the latter. Nice ride out by the looks even though the weather doesn't look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That place would go for big bucks in Auckland!

      Weather was pretty good - not cold, only a few spits.

      Delete
  4. Nice run on the Connie, not too hot, not too cold, didn't rain. I'd say that was a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nailed it! Shoulda gone further...

      Delete