Saturday, July 31, 2010

Extravagance

Yes, I spent more money on bikes today. In this case a WOF and (cringe) registration for the Connie. 540 odd dollars later I had two small pieces of paper that will last 12 months before needing to be replaced again...

Then it was off to a service station for $36 worth of gas which never seems to go as far as you'd like - although it is a lot of fun burning it...

But, I didn't stop there! In response to a warning on the dash I replaced the battery in the fob about $5. At least this should last about 3 years or 55,000km...

Next up will be the TPS sensors/transmitters in the wheels (one has a failed battery, so the other can't be far off too) but this will have to wait until the Pirellis are toast. I also need to do a bit more investigation on the Concours website as Kawasaki say the sensors have to be replaced ($$) whereas I believe some owners have experimented with dissecting them and replacing the $5 battery.

Perhaps I need a cheaper hobby, say, flying helicopters...

2 comments:

  1. Buy a Yamaha FJR. No key fobs or weird sensors! Can't help your other expenses. Then again, you have jumping marsupials. We only have pet store Gerbils!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your bike a GTR1400? Never heard of a Concourse over here.

    ReplyDelete