Monday, October 18, 2021

More rubber wrangling

 It seems like I'm doing tyres every other weekend - and there's a set waiting to go onto the Connie...

But, with a few decent rides coming up the old E-07 (standard version) was starting to look a little sad.

Maybe another 1,000km or so in it but...

So, after a trip to secure a Dakar front from my not quite so local tyre supplier (Glen), I was in a bit of a rush to get the new hoop on before the weekend.  So into it then...

I almost hate to say it, but I might actually be starting to get the hang of it.  I managed to get the old tyre off (even multi-tasking by yapping on the phone at the same time) and new one on pretty quickly.  The only trouble I had was getting the new tyre back onto the bead.

After trying a few times with a tank full of air and the compressor working overtime, I ended up putting straight detergent around the bead and giving it another shot.  All the slipperyness finally did the trick and we were back in business.

The new tyre definitely looks a bit better than the old one...


Oh, and if you're interested in what the difference is between the standard E-07 and the Dakar version is:

If only the idiot importer would bring in the Dakar version of the rear...

No comments:

Post a Comment