Thursday, February 22, 2018

Proper fun

Another quick blog from the road...

Today I met up with Al in Blenheim to tackle the Molesworth again.  He must have been a little keen as he was early!


Blenheim
Our first leg took us up over Taylor's Pass (first time for me).  There had been quite a bit of rain overnight so this first ford had a reasonable amount of fast flowing water in it.



It only took us about 20mins to cross over and onto Acheron Road and 200km of fantastic riding.  I have a lot of pics hiding on my camera and plenty of video for a more detailed post so here we are 200km later.

Nearly in Hamner

Looking back the way we had come
14km later we had dropped down into Hammer for a late lunch.

Did you enjoy that Al?
After my nice sandwich I said goodbye to Al and made my way down to Christchurch.

The TT kicks off tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Beware of puddles with currents running through them. Nice fords though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that - managed to find a few more in my travels...

      Delete
  2. Not too bad a water crossing....always a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete