Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night Ride

We've had fantastic weather all week meaning that the Honda has been back and forth to work every day so I thought that we both deserved a treat - that treat being the Friday night ride. And man, I should have taken a camera - we had better than 20 bikes turn up and as one person mentioned nearly all the brands: Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, Aprillia, Buell & Hoggley doggley from 250cc to 1700cc. Also joining us for the first time as a rider was Mrs Cowboyz on Norman the mighty CB250.

The ride itself was a nice little back roads ride out the back of Ashhurst, across to Colyton, Cheltenham, Halcombe and back into Fielding for refreshments. Things were kept pretty cruisy with plenty of stops to allow Norman to catch up and for plenty of gas-bagging.

The highlight of the night for me was Sarge allowing me to take his new ZX-14 for a ride. What a beautiful machine! It makes all the right noises from it's Leo Vance pipes and sits on the road really nicely. The bar risers give it a great riding position and I'd say she'd just eat the miles given a chance. I think I like Kawasaki 1400's! Unfortnately Sarge wasn't keen to do a more permanent swap for the VTR...

A great night out finished off by a spot of bug-catching on the way home. Summer riding is all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment