Monday, January 25, 2010

Off to the movies

Yep, went to the flicks today to see Avatar in 3D. The problem is - no 3D theater in Palmy so I had to go to Wellington to see it - damn!

Luckily the awful weather we've had over the weekend had decided to move on and I could take the bike down. So I geared up and stuck the luggage on (empty so I could stash my gear in it) and hit the road.

A pretty boring ride down until I hit the Paekok hill and then things got a lot better! What a great little piece of road - it makes all the pootling down SH1 worth it. Near enough to no traffic on the road and only a few damp patches to be wary of so I really sweet ride.

The movie was pretty damn fantastic too - the 3D and other visual effects were stunning and a pretty good story to boot. A new Star Wars...

After the movie I had a bit of a look at going home via the Rimutakas and Masterton but it looked a bit black over that way so I just had to do Paekok hill again - it's a tough life...

So another nice ride home in good weather - I could have just kept on riding...

2 comments:

  1. Now you've inspired me to go ride a hundred miles to see Avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, well worth a wee pootle...

    ReplyDelete