Sunday, January 17, 2010

TT2000

About time I posted about my next planned excursion. It's to the TT2000 in March this year. The TT2000 is another endurance ride where riders must ride a minimum of 1,000km, two days in a row.

The route is planned and riders must obtain evidence that they have ridden the route by obtaining EFT-POS receipts or photographs at specific locations. In addition to this there are a number of "flyer's" which can be attempted to gain extra points and so be in the running for bronze, silver or gold trophies.
With the route already available, I've been able to reproduce them in Mapsource and also work out whether or not I'll attempt any of the flyer's. Rather than be silly I've planned a number of routes for each day whereby I can either go for one or two flyers or none at all. This way I can decide on the day whether or not to attempt them or not. Obviously weather and tiredness are going to assist in this decision. Also, the combination of flyer's I've picked mean that I only have to do 3 over the 2 days to get a bronze - that's plenty for the first time around.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned the best part: the TT2000 is in the South Island - yeehah! This means more riding of the fantastic roads down there and an excuse to go for a bit more of a tour after the TT. Current plans include checking out Akaroa & Lyttelton prior to the TT and then a trip down to Milford afterwards - mint!

I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good fortune. Looks like wonderful miles are ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete