Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Picasa Weirdness #3

And this one is a good one!  First the three (yes, three) original pics I took on Saturday's ride:




All taken with my pretty crappy (quality wise) little Fujifilm camera while I was sitting on an idling V-Strom.  Magic then happened to give me this:


Unfortunately Picasa will only let you see it a low resolution version but in the full sized version (4531 x 1200) I was able to download you can only just see the places where the pics were knitted together.  You can however see where it has cropped the pics height wise to line things up - pretty cool software and totally automatic if you have a Picasa account.

8 comments:

  1. That may be part of Googles "Auto-awesome" which isn't part of Picasa but Google+. Is your blog attached to Google+?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, you could be right Richard. I prefer to use Picasa for viewing my pics and that's where I see the modified images first.

      Delete
  2. So green......nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty green over that way Charlie - prime milk growing country.

      Delete
  3. That is pretty cool. I didn't know Picasa did that? Or was it Google as Richard thought? The words Google and awesome shouldn't go together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew:

    that Pano looks nice. I didn't want to link to Google+, but then again I am only using the old Picassa interface to host my photos. Most of my photos are "Private" but perhaps I should change it to "Public". I'm still thinking about it.

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can pick which albums are public Bob. Maybe a Picasa account just for blog stuff?

      Delete