Saturday, January 09, 2016

2015 Highlights

Following on from:
2013 Highlights
2014 Highlights
January

I got test ride an XT660R and ride the Chateau to Plateau but the highlight was a nice quiet ride up Route 52 - one of my favourites.  It was a beautiful day!




February

There's no question that the highlight of February was Scooter Bob's visit and the chance to show him the South Island on the TT2000.




March

In March I test rode an S10 and did some gravel riding and the highlight was our monthly BRRBT ride over the Annie.




April

April's top ride was a ride with Neil and Colin up the Paraparas - one of our favourite roads.  It was a beautiful day too!




May

In may the BRRBT ride took us up a mountain and the BRR Adv ride was full of action.




June

In June the weather affected the Adv ride so much I had to break the story up into three parts!

http://banditrider.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/brr-just-another-average-awesome-akitio.html
http://banditrider.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/brr-just-another-average-awesome-akitio_23.html
http://banditrider.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/brr-just-another-average-awesome-akitio_24.html





July

In July we had a great BRRBT ride but my favourite ride of the month was a quiet little trip up the Pohangina Valley on the DL.




August

In August we had another great BRRBT ride where I got plenty of puncture fixing practice but one non-riding highlight was changing the tyres on the Connie and also replacing the batteries in the TPS sensors - something I'd never done and where Dad came in pretty handy...




September

In September Neil and I were glad to see the beginnings of Spring and had ourselves a fantastic gravel ride.





October

In October I was a little disappointed to miss out on completing the NI1600 but I did have a cracker of a ride up through the Waioeka Gorge - even if it rained for half of the ride and I got no pictures...


November

In November I did something a little out of the ordinary but the highlight was completing another C1K.





December

I ended the year with just a few small rides, the Coast to Coast being one of the best.




So, between the two bikes I managed to clock up around 19-20,000km and there are definitely plans afoot for plenty of riding in 2016...I can't wait...


10 comments:

  1. An excellent year and recap of the events that happened. I've been too lazy to do one this year..........sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a wee while to get around to writing it up...

      Plenty of January left for you to do your write-up!

      Delete
  2. +1 on the great recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to showcase the entire year. I'm garaged from Nov. to March, it's snowing again this morning.......I'm jealous. Have a great New Year !

    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don. Pretty sure I'd struggle terribly with Parked Motorcycle Syndrome...

      Delete
  4. A nice look back at 2015. I can't believe you had ScooterBob almost a year ago. The year flew by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong, it doesn't seem that long ago that he was hanging out here. Great to see him out there doing it again too...

      Delete
  5. What a nice year with a lot of riding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas. Now to top it in '16...

      Delete