The job turned out a bit easier than on the Tenere but I did have to do some improvising...
After removing the old cradle off the Connie's Projekt D mount I noticed a wee problem.
|Crap design! (Tenere's mount pictured)|
To get things to fit up nicely I had to make some spacers. Rummaging in the shed I stumbled across the old handle-bar weights off the V-Strom. These had a nice little bit of rubber (with some tube running through the centre) fitted to them. I ended up chopping the two rubbers (and tube) up to make the four spacers I needed. I was then able to reuse the longer bolts out of the old Zumo's mount and Bob's your uncle!
|Well, it's on...|
|Annoyingly, I'll need to order another weather cover...|
|In progress, harness went in just where that other bunch of cables are.|
Time for a test.