Saturday, July 25, 2009

The 'naki and back

Brian was heading up to Hawera today to visit someone and I had a new screen to test out so that was more than enough of an excuse to tag along and then go and visit my sister.

It was a little chilly when we left but a very calm and sunny winter's day so it was a great day for just pootling and enjoying the scenery - the mountain was free from cloud and looked magnificent.

North of Hawera I left Brian as I continued northwards to Christine's. It was very nice there too, looking out on a fantastic view while feeding my face and playing with my little nephew, Billy the kid.

I left Christine's at about half two and started making my way home. I'd noticed in the morning that the bike was running very economically so I decided to see if I could maintain the good economy and see how far I could get on the tank. Initially I thought that Wanganui would be pushing things but in the end the fuel light only just came on as I got to the outskirts of town (still 4L to go). I ended up with an awesome figure of 5.34L/100km for that tank.

Fuelled up again I crossed Wanganui and decided that it was time to get off the boring main road. I ended up turning onto Wanganui Road at Turikina and going home via Marton, Halcombe and Fielding again. A bit chilly by the time I got home but a fantastic day out on the Connie.

No comments:

Post a Comment