Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Hunkering down

Well sort of...

Thanks to modern technology I'm able to do as much work as I like from home!  Gee, the interweb is a wonderful thing!

Anyway, I was thinking that while the bikes are parked up I may as well try and make some regular posts on what's going on or maybe just some cool bike vids (so not mine) or something bike related...

I'm gonna try and keep the posts positive but perhaps we'll get some negatives out of the way first:

  • It's unlikely that I will turn a key on the bikes for a ride for a month.  I'm so glad that I re-registered the WR for 2 months just for Saturday's ride...
  • I doubt that I'll be able to get some bike parts in for some maintenance on the WR.
  • It may make it tricky to get the NI1600 ride done in time before the deadline in October - winter is not really the best time for one of those...
  • The minimum amount of time rego can go on hold for is three months so I can't save any money there either.
  • I've purchased my first battery tender :(
  • Weekends just aren't going to be as much fun...
And that's enough of the negative for now 'cos it is going to be worth it if we eradicate this poxy virus!  Perhaps April will see the worst of this winters weather?

In the meantime, stay safe anyone and don't get any ideas about nicking one of my bikes!

Security never sleeps!

7 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo! We live slightly out of Coromandel village and normally, you'd maybe get one vehicle a minute up and down our road. In the 3 hours I've been up, I've only heard a couple. Got plenty to do today!

    Take it easy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's pretty quiet all right. Only 2 others out walking at 7 this morning.

      290 on one of the work skype calls...

      Delete
  2. Cursing modern technology?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Among other things, viruses for example...

      Delete
  3. How long is your lockdown for Andrew? I am basically avoiding all media because it is just soooo depressing and all with a negative spin, so I might have missed it.
    Glad to hear you can work from home. I’m definitely in the wrong industry. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially we're down for a month but it could get extended.

      I'm getting a fair bit of work done at home alright.

      Air NZ is in the direst of straights here, hope your outfit weathers the storm a bit better and that you can keep your seat!

      Delete
  4. Nope Virgin is gone.......

    ReplyDelete