Friday, April 10, 2020

Captivity Day 16

I'm not the only bored one.  The NZ section of Advrider has all sorts going on.  In another thread we're being asked to show scans of old biking photos.  I've got quite a few somewhere so need to have a decent fossick.  Here's a couple that I did stumble across:



Yep, that's the old K2 Bandit and that's snow up on the top of the Pahiatua Track (North Range Road turn-off).  It was a really good dump to get so much snow up there - reasonably rare.  And I just had to go up and have a look on the bike...

I didn't join the crowds trespassing all over the farmers' land but did go up South Range Road a little bit until it got just too dicey with packed snow/ice on the road.  Can't remember getting cold but I'd be surprised if I didn't 😉

2 comments:

  1. I remember the Pahiatua Track from our first Grand Challenge in 1996. About 10 pm, thick fog AND raining, shudder.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as bad as 52 in the rain and dark...

      Mind you I have done it one night (night shift) in a real pea soup - fog is the worst weather!

      Delete