Monday, April 13, 2020

Captivity Day 19

So I've had a little dig around in some of my old scans and found a few more pics to share on the Adv thread but thought I'd post a couple here with a few extra words.

Yes, this is me dressed in my finest safety gear about to embark on my first "tour" on my mighty RG250 (note the bottle of two stroke oil strapped behind the pack).


Me and a mate (Gary, GSX1100) rode through from Napier to Rotorua (what a mission) where we visited some of the sights, had one night there and then came back to Taupo for a second night and some stooging around there.


A can't remember all that we got up to but we did visit the Lion park and the little bike went well with the two stroke oil needing to be topped up a couple of times.

I did about 10,000 miles on that bike (a lot of commuting unfortunately) and it never did anything wrong.  Be great to have it back...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to the superb carb tuning and oil metering of an old bloke who would rather be fishing, it truly was a great little bike tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great carb tuning eh? Is that why I could get 120 miles from a tank sometimes and only 90 other times?

      Delete
  2. Great bike Andrew and reliable too! I always hankered after an RGV 250 as a project bike but wisely (I think) decided against it because of their high maintenance regime. As an example, new rings every 5000 km I believe. The RG was a far better bet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need one Geoff. Ditch that silly orange thing and get something that really performs ;)

      A ringa-ding-ding!

      Delete